Engicon N.V. (Geldof), Harelbeke, Belgium is a market leader in Europe when it comes to solutions for storing, handling and processing of bulk liquids, solids and gases.
LBC Rotterdam is located in the middle of the petrochemical heart of the largest port in Europe. The storage tanks and related infrastructure are made for nearly all chemical liquids. The terminal makes it possible to transport by water, road and rail. In addition to the storage of liquids, the terminal also offers many ways for mixing, filling IBCs or drums, packaging and storage.
For Engicon N.V. this project includes the realization of sixteen new storage tanks. In addition of supplying these thanks, Engicon N.V. will also provide the jetty with the complete structure, piping and tank-related infrastructure.
Engicon N.V. instructed Delmeco Projecten for the design and construction of a new hose reel installation. This hose reel installation needs to be placed on the new jetty. A hose reel installation gives the opportunity to degasify during loading by using the hose reels. The installations also gives the possibility to offer nitrogen.
For the disciplines of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and automotion, the project consisted of:
- A custom drafted, engineered and designed hose reel installation.
- Pre-build the hose reel installation by Delmeco. The installation includes mainly out of:
- 5 Vapor discharged hose reels 4” with a size of 30m (ATEX zone 1).
- 3 Nitrogen hose reels 3” with a size of 30m (ATEX zone 1).
- Radiographic controlled remotes for controlling the hose reels and/-or a spring powered return/hand crank. All relevant structures can be executed as EExd (pressure resistant) or EExi (intrinsically secured).
- Complete controls and a control unit for operating the hose reel installation.
- Performing a Factory Acceptance Test at Delmeco.
- Transport of the complete installation to LBC Rotterdam.
- Assembling, connecting and activating the complete installation on the new jetty.
- Performing a Site Acceptance Test on location.
- Taking care of the training for the operators and technicians of LBC.