LBC Tank Terminals, which headquarters is located in Belgium, is an independent operator of midstream and downstream bulk storage meant for chemicals, oils and refined petroleum products. LBC Tanks Terminal owns currently a worldwide capacity of 2,1 million m³ combined terminals.
LBC Rotterdam is located in the middle of the petrochemical heart of the largest port in Europe. The storage tanks and related infrastructure are made for nearly all chemical liquids. The terminal makes it possible to transport by water, road and rail. In addition to the storage of liquids, the terminal also offers many ways for mixing, filling IBCs or drums, packaging and storage.
LBC Tank Terminals instructed Delmeco Projecten for the design and the construction a new hose reel. This hose reel installation needs to be placed on the LBC’s new jetty and truck loader. The hose reel gives the opportunity to get a purge/nitrogen connection and to get a purge/air connection on the new jetty and truck loader.
The project consisted of the following activities:
- Pre-engineering for the determination of hose lengths relative to the range.
- Recording the exact position at LBC Tank Terminals
- Engineering and designing after the exact position is determined.
- Manufacture, installation and assemble of the hose reel including components at LBC Tank Terminals:
- 3 Nitrogen hose reels 2” manual with a size of 12m (ATEX Zone II 2 GD T6)
- 3 Air hose reels 2” manual with a size of 12m (ATEX Zone II 2 GD T6)
- 1 Nitrogen hose reel 2” manual with a size of 20m (ATEX Zone II 2 GD T6)
- 1 Air hose reel 2” manual with a size of 20m (ATEX Zone II 2 GD T6)
- 1 Air hose reels ¾” spring driven with a size of 12m (ATEX Zone II 2 GD T6)
- Associated foundation plates for placing the truck loader and jetty at LBC.
- Testing and delivering the hose reels.