Engicon N.V. (Geldof), Harelbeke, Belgium is a market leader in Europe when it comes to solutions for storing, handling and processing of bulk liquids, solids and gases.
LBC Rotterdam is located in the middle of the petrochemical heart of the largest port in Europe. The storage tanks and related infrastructure are made for nearly all chemical liquids. The terminal makes it possible to transport by water, road and rail. In addition to the storage of liquids, the terminal also offers many ways for mixing, filling IBCs or drums, packaging and storage.
For Engicon N.V. this project includes the realization of sixteen new storage tanks. In addition of supplying these thanks, Engicon N.V. will also provide the jetty with the complete structure, piping and tank-related infrastructure.
Engicon N.V. instructed Delmeco Projecten for the design and construction of a new gangway. This gangway has been placed at the top of the jetty.
The gangway is used to get an easy access to and from the vessels when they are next to the jetty for loading.
The gangway can also serve as escape route. The gangway has a vertical range of 12,5m and a rotating angle between 25 to 95 degrees. With this it is suitable for the type of ships: Panamax, Handysize and Coaster, as well as inland waterway vessels. After placing the gangway, the gangway can be used in floating mode to reduce all movements caused by tide and loading the ship.
For the disciplines of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and automotion, the project consisted of:
- A custom drafted, engineered and designed gangway.
- Pre-build gangway by Delmeco. The installation includes mainly out of:
- A steel frame and platform to fix the gangway to the construction of the jetty.
- An aluminium sliding ladder.
- An aluminium stair at the end of the gangway.
- A radiographic controlled remote for operating the gangway. All relevant structures are EExd (pressure resistant) or EExi (intrinsically secured)
- The whole control and control unit for using the gangway.
- Performing a Factory Acceptance Test at Delmeco.
- Transport of the complete installation to LBC Rotterdam.
- Mounting, connecting and activating the complete installation on the new jetty.
- Performing a Site Acceptance Test on location.
- Taking care of the training for the operators and technicians of LBC.