As part of Koninklijke BAM Groep nv, BAM Leidingen & Industrie BV is a technical multidisciplinary service provider. Its core business is engineering, procurement, construction, project management, control and maintenance of aboveground and underground industrial installations.
BAM International / BAM Leidingen & Industrie was commissioned by Oryx Energies to engineer and build the petroleum jetty on the Kissy Oil Terminal of Freetown in Sierra Leone.
BAM Leidingen & Industrie commissioned Delmeco Projecten to design and build a new hose tower, which will be placed upon the new jetty. The hose tower serves to manoeuvre hoses to and from a ship for loading and unloading. The cargo generally consists of various types of oils and LPG.
For the subject disciplines engineering, electrical engineering and automation, this commission consisted of:
- Designing, engineering and drawing the hose tower with subframe and mainframe, the fire protection system, the piping and the electrical part.
- Prefab building of the installation at Delmeco. The installation consists in the main of:
- A mainframe and a subframe, inclusive of 2 ladder cages;
- A hydraulic nautical telescopic crane with a 15.5 metre range inclusive of ATEX certified hydraulic winch and hydraulic unit;
- 6 hydraulic sliding beams with a 5 metre range;
- 2 control panels;
- 1 hose 6” for LPG, including a breakaway coupling and dry break coupling;
- 5 hoses 8” for petroleum-based products, with hosebun/hose-sling;
- 1 loading platform for the fire-fighting system, including foam/water fire-monitor;
- Radio control for the crane and sliding-beams. All the relevant components are designed in EExd (explosion proof) or EExi (intrinsically safe).
- Performing a FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) at Delmeco;
- Preparing the installation for transport to Sierra Leone.
In Sierra Leone the hose tower is mounted on the newly-built Jetty, which is 200 metre out of the coast. Together with the customer, a SAT (Site Acceptance Test) is performed. In addition, Delmeco has given training and instruction to the operational staff.
Within this project Delmeco is responsible for the Turn-Key delivery of the hose towers for all subject disciplines, from design to build.